Landsat's Global View of Ice Velocity
Ice from glaciers constantly flows into the ocean, but the speed the ice moves at changes. Landsat 8 provides near-real-time mapping of ice speed in nearly all the world’s frozen regions. Information like ice speed helps scientists study our home planet and its vulnerability to rising seas.
Please give credit for this item to:
NASA's Goddard Space Flight Center
- Cindy Starr (GST)
- Kate Ramsayer (Telophase)
- Alex S. Gardner (NASA/JPL CalTech)
- Mark Fahnestock (Geophysical Institute, University of Alaska Fairbanks)
- Ted Scambos (NSIDC)
- Twila Moon (University of Bristol)
- Kathryn Mersmann (KBRwyle)
- Matthew Radcliff (KBRwyle)
MissionsThis visualization is related to the following missions:
SeriesThis visualization can be found in the following series:
You may also like...