OSIRIS-REx Sample Return: Animations
Ride along with OSIRIS-REx on the thrilling finale of its journey to Bennu and back.
Universal Production Music: “Rise to the Challenge” by Daniel Marantz and Michael James Burns, Raydia Music library [PRS]; “Fragments of Time” by Timothy Robert Shortell, Scores of Hypersonic Music [BMI]
Watch this video on the NASA.gov Video YouTube channel.
OSIRIS-REx is NASA’s first asteroid sample return mission. It launched in September 2016 on a journey to explore a near-Earth asteroid called Bennu. In October 2020, the spacecraft ventured to the asteroid’s surface and collected about 250 grams of material for delivery to Earth. The mission’s thrilling finale will take place on September 24, 2023, as OSIRIS-REx releases a capsule containing the Bennu samples for touchdown in the Utah desert.
For More Information
Please give credit for this item to:
NASA's Goddard Space Flight Center Conceptual Image Lab
- Walt Feimer (KBR Wyle Services, LLC) [Lead]
- Adriana Manrique Gutierrez (KBR Wyle Services, LLC)
- Angeles Miron (Skillbridge Intern (U.S. Navy))
- Jenny McElligott (Advocates in Manpower Management, Inc.)
- Jonathan North (KBR Wyle Services, LLC)
- Kim Dongjae (KBR Wyle Services, LLC)
- Michael Lentz (KBR Wyle Services, LLC)
- Dante Lauretta (The University of Arizona) [Lead]
- Michael Lentz (KBR Wyle Services, LLC) [Lead]
- Dan Gallagher (KBR Wyle Services, LLC) [Lead]
- Aaron E. Lepsch (ADNET Systems, Inc.) [Lead]
- Rani Gran (NASA/GSFC) [Lead]